Sunday, June 18, 2017

Fathering: Reveals Manhood


I am a father because my sons carry my DNA. But because I Father (invest my time, energy, effort and emotional, financial and spiritual resources in my children's development) I am a dad. 

Every boy, young and adult man struggles with what is meant by Manhood

In God's infinite wisdom, discovery of Manhood, an elusive but accessible mystery is only revealed in the trenches. Fathering is the means...

Fathering has a way of stripping a man of pretense while equipping him with purpose. Fathering chisels away arrogance while cloaking him in humility. Fathering redirects his recklessness toward remarkable responsibleness. Fathering reverses man's misinterpreting vulnerability as weakness into a sign of attained venerability. Fathering reshapes one's narrow distorted ego into an accepting eclectic ecosystem. Fathering stretches the perceived reach of strength beyond the physical to include strength in its emotional, psychological and spiritual capacities. 

In short, fathering reveals the complexities of Manhood. Submission to Fathering is an arduous process without end but every successful attempt unveils God's intention for Manhood and the recipients (sons/daughters - males/females) of our courageous striving.  Fathering is a pathway to Manhood but doesn't require a man’s reproductive seed yet demands every aspect of his being! 

When we young and adult men submit to fathering, Manhood becomes our reality and God says to each of us:

“This is my Son, and I love him. I am very pleased with him.”

Much Love from a Dad in the trenches who is learning-discovering Manhood and God's intention for himself and his young boys.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!

-- 
INSPIRED BY LOVE, 
Pastor Marcus J. Singleton


 

No comments:

Post a Comment