Friday, June 7, 2013

Residue. . .


Residue
Today, as I look out my window and see residue in the pond below,
I remember that we had a major thunder storm last night.
There was a lot of noise and flashes of light,
as several inches of rain fell.
Today there is calm and
the retention pond is filled with residue
of seemingly unknown origin.
You can't tell where it started and yet it's there.

You know there are times when our lives are like that.
There is so much going on, a lot of noise and flashes of light.
It just seems to keep coming with no end in sight.
Then from the heavens comes a cleansing rain -
While we may get immediate relief, there are still pockets of residue.

You don't have to know the origin and you need not be part of the cleanup.
Just recognize that there is help out there and not from men (women) in white suits.
First, there is the power of God to assist you in recognizing
that the residue are reflections of your past and need not be hurdles you need to cross.
Then from those who love you, truly love you - the ones that come over and sit with you
when you have nothing to say.
The ones that offer prayers for you because of whose you are, not where you are.

Today, I thank you and my God for helping me deal with my residue.
Even though I know it's there, I recognize that it is my past and
I don't need to deal with it anymore.

I am in the safety of the Ark.

Nedra Faye Scoggins
Over 50 Don't Mean You're Dead: My Spiritual Journey

No comments:

Post a Comment